Join me in love and laughter, adventure and disaster on the road to perfect pie.

Saturday, May 15, 2010

South End Buttery

The Flirty Baker is back on the move!

Today I was out and about in the South End - a foodie mecca in Boston. So, where's a girl to eat? I stumbled upon the South End Buttery while walking back from the Art Walk and Vintage Flea Market and given the crowd outside and in, I had to check it out. The masses are never wrong. A beautiful espresso bar and sparkling display case greeted me on the way in. The case was filled with cupcakes, pastries and some great looking cookies. The menu above the register told the rest of the story. Sandwiches, salads and other light fare awaits for those willing to fight for a table, or wait a few minutes for an order to go.

Today I picked up a turkey and cheddar wrap with cranberry chutney and honey mustard. The sandwich was a little heavy on the honey mustard, but a great combination otherwise. Before I left I had to try a cookie. The peanut butter and Reeses Pieces cookie was just what I needed - crumbly but still moist, the cookie was amazing. How has this baker never made peanut butter cookies with Reeses Pieces? Don't worry, it is on the list!

The South End Buttery was named Boston Best Coffee Shop the last 3 years by the Improper Bostonian, and it is no surprise. It is worth the stop, but if it is a nice day, prepare to wait.

Enjoy!

Visit them here

No comments: