Join me in love and laughter, adventure and disaster on the road to perfect pie.

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Sharper Your Knife, the Less You Cry: Love, Laughter and Tears at the World's Most Famous Cooking School

The Sharper Your Knife, the Less You Cry: Love, Laughter, and Tears at the World's Most Famous Cooking School The Sharper Your Knife, the Less You Cry: Love, Laughter, and Tears at the World's Most Famous Cooking School by Kathleen Flinn


My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Having recently read a few other accounts of the trials at Le Cordon Bleu, I'm starting to get the general picture:
You cry some
Fail some
Hopefully have some wonderful moments of inspiration in the kitchen
And, randomly, long distance relationships (or just relationships you never thought could work) magically do when you are living in Paris attending the most famous cooking school in the world.
It gets a girl thinking you know.

Anyhow, this narrative describes Kat's adventures both in and out of the kitchen while living in Paris with her boyfriend/husband. I found the stories "required writing" for a book on Le Cordon Bleu. Not to say that I didn't appreciate hearing about the first person experience - don't get me wrong. But I wish that there had been a little more about Paris itself. I just adored getting to know the Chef's in the kitchen and meeting the wonderful friends in class. Even the small details on Kat making friends with the woman who would sell her baguettes was wonderful. But, there was just a little something more I was looking for. I'll offer some sage advice - taste, taste, taste, before you publish!

View all my reviews >>

No comments: