Join me in love and laughter, adventure and disaster on the road to perfect pie.

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

THE BEST Rice Krispies Treats

I love Rice Krispies Treats. Love them. If every day there could be Rice Krispies Treats it would be a sweet, sweet world. I'm not sure when I made these for the first time, but I'm pretty sure it was by the second time that I changed how I made them. It's not that the original recipe is bad. But, who wants to measure out 6 cups of Rice Krispies? 4 cups of marshmallows? This dessert is too simple to make complicated with measuring cups. So, here's my no measure, no recipe, recipe ;-)

Ingredients
1 stick of unsalted butter
2 bags of mini marshmallows
1/2 a large container of fluff
1 13.5 oz box of Rice Krispies or other puffed rice cereal

Melt the butter in a large stock pot. Add the mini marshmallows (they melt better and you get an extra ounce using the smaller ones) and about 1/2 of the container of fluff and stir together - keep stirring or it will burn. I find cooking this on medium low heat works best so it doesn't burn. Once everything is melted, remove from the heat and add 1/2 of the box of Rice Krispies, and stir to combine. Add the remaining Rice Krispies.

Prepare the pan by spraying lightly with Pam or other nonstick spray. Pour into a 9 by 13 inch pan and press down by using wax paper and covering the tray so it won't stick to your hands. Let cool for about 1 hour and then cut into anywhere from 4 to 24 bars.

No comments: