I’ve found that in life there is comfort food, and then there is comfort food. Tortellini Soup is the later.
There are days when the last thing that I want to do is cook. I’m tired, sad, run down, stressed, or just plain lazy. And yet, those are the days when I come home and find myself making this soup for myself.
Tortellini Soup is about as easy as you get. A few really simple ingredients come together to make something that always manages to warm me heart and soul. Really, what this dish is about is chicken broth. I always keep some homemade and good canned broth in the house for emergency “I need broth or stock” situations. Hey, it happens more than you might think.
Chicken broth is one of the best things you can give your body. It’s the reason that chicken soup is so good for you. Scientists have actually been trying to prove broth’s mythical healing qualities for years and have been unsuccessful. But, your mom or grandma will be happy to smile to the side, shake their heads and start heating up some broth for you anyhow. They know.
So keep these ingredients on hand. Now that the weather dial has turned to cold, it is the perfect remedy for all that ails you.
Ingredients:
3 to 4 cups of good chicken broth
4 to 6 oz good cheese tortellini (I like using a spinach and cheese personally)
1 carrot, cut into ½ inch chunks
1 celery stalk, cut into ½ inch chunks
½ tsp Herbs de Provence
Freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
Optional – pita chips or other crackers
Directions:
Cut up the vegetables and place into the pot with the broth. Bring to a low boil and cook until the vegetables are tender. Add the tortellini and Herbs de Provence. Cook until the tortellini is cooked (maybe 5 minutes? – they will float to the top when they are done).
Serve with freshly grated cheese and chips.
Join me in love and laughter, adventure and disaster on the road to perfect pie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment