I had some extra ingredients from some other things I had been cooking earlier in the day. I stood looking at some left-over balsamic reduction, and a zested orange and it occurred to me that I also had some skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs in the fridge.
So, Balsamic and Orange Glazed Chicken was born.
I imagine that the longer you let this sit and marinade, the better the chicken would be. So feel free to let this hang out in the fridge for a couple of hours before cooking.
Ingredients:
1/2 cup balsamic reduction (see note below)
Juice from 1 orange
1.5 lbs of chicken thighs
Salt & Pepper to taste
Directions:
Combine all ingredients into a bowl and let sit for at least 30 minutes and up to 4 hours.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Place the chicken on a baking sheet lined with tin foil and bake for 35 to 40 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes and then serve.
Enjoy!
Note: you can make a quick balsamic reduction by just heating balsamic vinegar and let reduce to 1/2 of what ever you started with. For this recipe you would want to have about 1/2 a cup of the reduction for the marinade, so start with 1 cup of vinegar.
Join me in love and laughter, adventure and disaster on the road to perfect pie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment