I'll admit it. I'm not a huge Pumpkin Pie eater at Thanksgiving and Christmas. I'm sure that makes me unAmerican in some way, but I'm okay with it. Instead, my mom and I for years have been making Pumpkin Pie along side a bunch of other desserts that we've perfected over the years.
One of the first we tried was Pecan Pie. There are two pretty distint ways to make Pecan Pie, so we of course tried both. They both turn out great, but vastly different in terms of texture and overall finish.
This first pie is what I call the "no cooking" pie. You just whisk the ingredients together and then pour into the dough and bake. The result is a much fluffier and lighter filling as compared to the thick, caramel like filling of the pies that have had their filling partially cooked before baking.
If you aren't sure which you prefer, I say try making both and see how it goes. They are very easy to make, so it will take no time at all.
Ingredients:
1 Pre-made Pie Crust (or your own pie crust recipe)
1 cup sugar
3 large eggs
1/2 cup light corn syrup
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups chopped pecans
Join me in love and laughter, adventure and disaster on the road to perfect pie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment