Join me in love and laughter, adventure and disaster on the road to perfect pie.

Saturday, November 26, 2011

A Kosher Thanksgiving

It's Thanksgiving, and I'm not in Vermont. It is odd, yet some how good. 

With the exception of a few holidays when I was a kid, I've always been back at my parents house. When I was little we would take trips out in Chicago at Christmas to see my Uncle, but I was too young to really get what it meant to be away for the holiday. As an adult, sure I miss sleeping in my own bed, but I wouldn't trade being with my sister in Cincinnati in her home on an air mattress.

It also means that we are going to try a number of new recipes for her and her fiance's family. They keep a Kosher kitchen, but have agreed to let "the kids" cook. I've got them all ready to post for you, so stay tuned. I'll post them over the next several days.

Maybe they can inspire a holiday meal with your own family. Kosher or not.

Enjoy the holidays!

Menu:
Turkey
Cranberry & Fennel Stuffing
Roasted Butternut Squash and Grapes
Roasted Brussel Sprouts
Mashed Potatoes and Parsnips
Orange Scented Cranberry Sauce
Rolls
Gravy

No comments: