Here's a quick shot of the Parisian Bakery that I found within 5 minutes of my arrival. It's like I'm drawn to the smell of baking bread or something...
My trip to Santa Fe was mostly a celebration of love and marriage, and the other half was a celebration of green chili. So I'm not a super "hot food" person honestly. However, the feeling of heat that starts in the back of your throat and works its way forward, tickling your tongue and pressing you to move your fork forward for more is a temptation that I can't resist. While Boston has some great food, spicy is not her signature. So I perhaps overdosed on green chili while in New Mexico. My primary alter at which to worship was at Cafe Pasqual's across from my hotel. A James Beard winner, Cafe Pasqual's only uses sustainable foods that mirror the traditions of the of people and landscape of Santa Fe to create some amazing meals (that people wait in super long lines to enjoy). It's going to be inconvenient to keep going back to Santa Fe for brunch every time I crave green chili. Good thing I got the cookbook.
If you are ever in the oldest state capital in the US, I highly recommend a stop in. It's not to be missed.
Enjoy!

No comments:
Post a Comment